Tuesday, July 10, 2018

What does STEM mean to you?

This is my first post as I begin a new adventure as the STEM Curriculum Coordinator, K-6 for the Reading Public Schools.  In my beginning days I have been reaching out to folks in district to gather their thoughts and feedback about STEM, where we are as schools and a district, and priorities for setting the vision for our work together.

Image result for stem

One thing that has really jumped out at me so far is that each person seems to have a different perspective about what "STEM" means to them... so I would love to hear from the wider virtual world;
What does S.T.E.M. mean to you?

Although we may all know what the acronym stands for - I want to hear what you think it means in schools.  Comment below, tweet with the hashtag #ReadingSTEM, send me a vox @hleona126, or send me an email heather.leonard@reading.k12.ma.us

------------------------------------------------------
Heather Leonard
STEM Curriculum Coordinator
Reading Public Schools
The aim of science is to discover and illuminate truth. ~Rachel Carson
Every time a student makes a mistake in math, they grow a synapse. ~ Jo Boaler
There's nothing I believe in more strongly than getting young people interested in science and engineering, for a better tomorrow, for all humankind. ~ Bill Nye

No comments:

Post a Comment